LSCA OBJECTIVES AND PROGRAMS
- To empower players through Leadership, Service, competition and Academics
- To encourage greater participation of coaches in the association in all areas of the state
- To promote harmonious relationships between principals and coaches in their respective schools concerning the administration of softball
- To help maintain the highest possible standards in softball and the coaching profession
- To secure a better understanding of the problems in softball.
- To encourage among coaches a deeper sense of responsibility in developing, maintaining, and conducting the game of high school softball.
- To maintain a membership group representative of all sections of the state and all classifications of competition at the middle school, junior high, high school, recreational, and college levels.
- To place at the disposal of coaches the sources of athletic information.
- To work together for the improvement of conditions in Louisiana high school softball.
- To have a representative group of coaches in which problems of general interest may be discussed and to which they may be referred for the friendly interchange of ideas, resulting in better relationship between schools.
- To promote good fellowship, sportsmanship and the game of softball
- To develop and make recommendation on issues and rules to the LHSAA, LHSCA and LSCA concerning softball
PROGRAMS to SUPPORT OBJECTIVES
- Provide information to coaches and media through the use of Newsletters, Email Blast, Facebook, LSCA Website and/or use of a "State of the Day" communication tool.
- Summer Clinic held in coordination with the LA High School Coaches Association
- Winter Coaching Clinic held in prior to the season in January for Coaches
- Sponsor the High School Softball All-Star Game in association with the LHSAA and the LHSCA
- Selection of the annual All Star Team from players nominated by LSCA coaches
- Sponsor a LSCA Scholarship Award each year to an outgoing Senior Player
- Sponsor selection of members to the LSCA Hall of Fame and the selection of people/organizations for
- Distinguished Service Awards
- Selection of All-State and Coach of the Year for high school softball in each classification from nominations provided by LSCA coaches
- Publish a Members Directory