ALL STATE NOMINATION AND SELECTION PROCESS
ARTICLE IX - ALL-STATE SELECTION(Details and Requirements from LSCA By-Laws)
Sec. 1 Any head coach may nominate a player if they are a member of LSCA.
Sec. 2 A nominee must be a 1st team selection on their respective All-District team for the current year and may be nominated by a head coach other than their head coach.
Sec. 3 A copy of the All-District team must be included with the Nomination form. It can be the official copy from your district chairperson, a complete list on your school’s letterhead with the principal’s signature or an official list published in a newspaper article that can be verified online.
Sec. 4 A head coach may nominate up to, but not more than four players and one Coach of the Year in their classification of players nominated. Members of All Star Team not nominated by their head coach will be added to the list
Sec. 5 Nomination forms must be postmarked or emailed by the date as set by the Executive Board to correspond to a date that is 5 days after the completion of the State Tournament. This date will be published on the web site and annually in the LSCA Newsletter. The names of all nominated players shall be kept confidential. No coach shall reveal the names of players nominated by other coaches to players, parents or other non-members of the LSCA.
Sec. 6 The rules for voting are as follows:
- Only regular members of the LSCA (members who have paid their dues by the first playing date) may vote.
- Each school that has regular members may send in only two ballots, one by the head coach and one that is a consensus of the other coaches at the school that are members.
- Each ballot must be identified with the coach’s name, school and signature.
- The names of all nominated players shall be kept confidential. No coach shall reveal the names of players nominated by other coaches to players, parents or other non-members of the LSCA.
- Each coach may vote for players only in his/her own classification.
- Twenty-six players will be chosen in each class (5A thru C) 4 pitchers, 4 catchers, 6 infielders, 4 outfielders, and 8 Utility Players. The Utility Players are to be selected at-large by the All State Committee based on criteria as determined by the Committee.
- Each coach must vote for 20 players or his/her ballot will be voided.
- The exception being if less than 20 are nominated.
- Each coach may vote for one Coach of the Year in his/her classification. This is not mandatory.
- The completed ballot is to be returned to the committee chairperson on a date to be announced annually in the LSCA newsletter. This date is established by the Executive Board and is set to allow 10 days for ballots to be returned. Announcement of All State team will be sent out prior to June 1 of the school year.